Sexual practice or sexual activity is how humans experience and express their sexuality. It results in sexual arousal and physiological changes in the aroused person. Sexual activity includes doing things to arouse the sexual interest of the partners. Sexual practice increases the emotional and personal bonding among humans.
Orgasm is one of the elements of sexual intimacy. Orgasms occur due to the contraction of muscles in the body and increased blood pressure. It has been seen that men reach orgasm first. A woman usually takes up to 15 minutes for the same. This phase begins after erotic stimulation and lasts for a few minutes to some hours. Orgasm is the sexual climax that can be attained during foreplay or intercourse. Some of the characteristics of orgasms are mentioned below.
- Orgasms have several prospective health benefits. The hormones and other chemicals released by the body during an orgasm does well to us.
- You don’t need to experience orgasm only during sexual stimulation.
- Orgasm disorders can be experienced by all genders.
- Transgender people can get orgasm after they have done the gender reassignment surgery.
Types of Orgasm in a female
There are different types of orgasms; however, we will discuss a few of them.
- Clitoral – This is caused by the stimulation of the clitoris. This is a tingly feeling along your skin and brain.
- Vaginal – They occur deeper inside the body. Often felt by the person penetrating the vagina. The walls of the vagina will pulse when it happens.
- Combination – When both the vagina and the G-spot are stimulated, it is a combined orgasm.
- Others– Stimulation of the nipples, anus, neck, knees, etc.
2 types of Orgasm in a male
- Without ejaculation or dry orgasm– When the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging through the penis during an orgasm is called orgasm without ejaculation. Even though you reach the sexual climax, you ejaculate with almost no semen. Therefore, it is also called dry orgasm.
- Orgasm with ejaculation – Typically, men have an orgasm that results in the ejaculation of fluid containing sperm through strong muscle contractions.
Few facts of Orgasm
Orgasms are sexual experiences, experienced as part of a sexual response cycle. It is a powerful feeling of physical contentment which discharges the accumulated erotic tension of a body. Theories about orgasm have changed from time to time. There have been new revelations about orgasm with the researches done. We will discuss some of the interesting facts about orgasm now.
- Orgasms can be a pain killer– Evidence has proved that orgasm can relieve you from all sorts of pain. If you get a headache, you try to sleep however can’t due to the pain. In such situations, it is said that orgasm helps you to get rid of the pain. Your body releases oxytocin during orgasm. Oxytocin is a chemical that promotes bonding, relaxation, and positivity in you. That is the reason; orgasm is also treated as a healer.
- It isn’t very easy for women to reach orgasm– As per the recent researches, around 40% of women face difficulty in reaching the orgasm stage. The best way sought to fix that is through clitoral stimulation. And even if that doesn’t work, medical help can be taken. This is one of the sexual dysfunctions that the female may face. Oral medicines and testosterone therapies can help you in climaxing.
- Finding the G-spot is important– Sex experts have revealed that G-spot is the area of female genitalia that contains many nerve ending. This is the reason that the stimulation on the G-spot helps a woman achieve a longer orgasm. The location of the G-spot is different in every woman, however, mostly it’s found inside the vagina. Experts encourage women to find their G-spot for extreme pleasure.
- Orgasm gets better with age– Though surprising, yet the truth is that the intensity and frequency of your orgasm improve with age. Most likely the reason can be experienced. Older women are more sexually experienced and they are clear in their minds about what they want. Therefore, they can communicate properly to their partners and experience better orgasm. Also, the trust factor that builds up in a long-term relationship allows a woman to relax and enjoy the journey on the road to orgasm.
- A condom doesn’t hamper orgasm– Many have the misconception that a condom may hamper the feeling of orgasm. This is a myth. People think that when sex can often be felt well without a condom so does the orgasm will. Sometimes, wearing a condom can promote longer female orgasm. That is because he doesn’t have to pull out soon after ejaculation. That gives more time to the woman to experience orgasm.
- Self-esteem is related to the quality of orgasm– Researches say, how a woman feels about herself including her genitalia is linked to the quality of her orgasms. Every vagina looks different and no one can say that a particular look is perfect. So, women shouldn’t be too much bothered about the look. The clinical health of the vagina is the basic need. As long as the vagina is pain-free and there are no abnormal discharges, you can consider yourself normal. When you feel good about yourself, you feel more confident to get physically intimate with your partner.
- Don’t fake orgasms– Studies say that 80% of women fake an orgasm at some point in time. However, this needs to be stopped. There is no need to fake an orgasm if you don’t get it. It doesn’t do any good for anyone. When you fake an orgasm, your partner doesn’t get to know your likes and dislikes and in the end, you finish off staying unsatisfied.
Benefits of orgasm
In this part of the article, we will discuss how the orgasm can be beneficial to your body and make you feel elated. Some of the points are mentioned below:
- Releases stress– Oxytocin and the other endorphins released during male and female orgasm work as relaxants. Hence, orgasm helps in relaxing your soul and brain. It helps to waive off the stress and put you in a better mood. It brings positive feelings inside you and tends to feel blissful. When your mood is good, you feel charged up for anything. People have reportedly felt more energized post sexual orgasm.
- Induce proper sleep– Having sex and getting to the climax involves a lot of physical activity and brings in physiological changes. Your heart and breathing rates get accelerated, your clitoris becomes engorged with blood and you feel the erection in your body. All the muscles get tensed and prepared for the release. When you reach the climax, you unleash the energy and tension. Everything calms down in your body. So the sudden rise and set of hormones and muscles make you tired. When you are physically tired you tend to sleep uninterruptedly.
- The bond with your partner gets firmer– When you can reach the pinnacle during a sex drive with your partner, the interest of having sex increases. More sex is always welcome in a relationship, especially when your partner can excite you till orgasm. It creates and sustains the excitement among the partners. And you both end up being happy together. This feeling makes your relationship strong and you tend to stay together always.
- Help to face the counter effects of menopause– Menopause can have adverse effects on your vagina. Menopause happens when your ovaries produce lower levels of estrogen and progesterone hormones leading to stop the menstrual cycle. At this point, your vagina becomes drier than usual. This causes discomfort. It is said that staying sexually active can help you overcome the challenge. Orgasm relieves the vaginal discomfort to some extent.
- Better cognition– Your brain and your vaginal are connected more than you think. It is proved that sexual activity and orgasm helps to retain the intelligence and memory power in aging adults. The dopamine hormone which is released during an orgasm serves as a protection to the brain. Orgasm is the key to keep your brain sharp and working even in your older ages.
- Boost up your immune system– Researchers have found that a few minutes after post-orgasm, a person has an increased level of certain types of lymphocytes. Lymphocytes are white blood cells that strengthen your immune system and keep you away from illness. There are some specific components of the immune system which activates with orgasm. Staying sexually active and getting orgasm frequently keeps you healthy and you feel good inside. You are less likely to fall sick and enjoy life to the fullest.
The climax, the Pinnacle of sexual pleasure when there are ripples of absolute total extreme intense pleasure making your body shudder and convulse, that’s what an Orgasm is all about.
It leaves with a nice soothing and relieving feeling, and makes you feel satisfied all over. The other points mentioned above also gives you enough reason to experience orgasm.